Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do...

For those who noticed my lack of participation in the online world, it is simply a hiatus. I am in a transition period...job, school, family for a variety of reasons.


I won't go into all the details but sometimes you have to do what you have to do for the sake of family. This time it meant disconnecting digitally and reconnecting F2F. While I was in the military sometimes family took a sideline for the sake of the mission and at this point I had to make the tough decisions in support of my family.


But on a high note, the library director at Diamond Lakes library welcomed me back and I will return to the library computer lab to teach Google products (November) and scholarship searches and workshops (December). Since I last volunteered to give these workshops in 2008, the library has wireless access and I am going to give 2 BYOT (Bring Your Own Tech) workshops with Twitter. Thanks Mr. Lee.


The new career position is challenging but keeps me busy and connecting with military leaders in one phase of their Professional Military Education (PME) is great.


School - I had to take a short leave of absence. Another tough decision but some issues require one to sacrifice personal and professional goals to ensure the health and happiness of family.


But I am thankful for the opportunities to share what I have learned with a variety of people, from techno-phobes to techno-geeks.


So thanks to those who continue to subscribe, support, and virtually connect. The thoughts, prayers, and emails are great tidbits of support.

No comments: