Saturday, November 7, 2009

Donors Choose $25 - What project should I donate to?

On September 19, 2009, Richmond County School System (RCSS) hosted a community summit on the issue of dropout prevention with a grant made possible by America’s Promise Alliance.

Everyone who attended received an email with an opportunity to complete a survey which in turn would provide attendees with a $25.00 Donors Choose credit to donate to a project.

I received my email and went to select a project in RCSS to donate the $25.00...but no educators in the RCSS have registered a project. So I sent an email to my school board member, the Superintendent, and finally the Public Information Director (PID). I also created the RCSS Dropout Prevention Ning and posted the same request there...Where is everyone donating the $25 Donors Choose credit?

The only response I received was from the PID stating he would look into it. So I am throwing the question to the net...the neighboring county has 2 projects, 17 projects from the schools I attended growing up, 80 projects in the county where my daughter attended HS in FL. Donors Choose has many projects and you can tailor the selection of projects using a multitude of options.

So where do I apply this $25 donation?

2 comments:

KR said...

I'd love to have it!! http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=334996

Thanks for taking a look!

mj.coward[at]gmail.com

Unique Ed Techie said...

MJ...I donated to one of the schools in NC participating in the America's Promise Alliance Dropout Prevention. I will keep an eye out for you, have you checked local businesses for support? It was one way we connected with the community and collected funding in increments for projects for our students.